When you think of having better homes and gardens what comes to mind as you feel about doing your home garden. You might think of, gardeners supply, garden storage, and garden tools, should you do a flower garden. What about doing a vegetable garden. You can also add garden design and type of plants to use. What about my home garden needs careful planning, but the Garden Planner in your head says trees. Trees? Yes, trees.
Why Better Homes and Gardens Make You Feel Passionate With Trees
Some home gardeners are afraid of planting trees in their yard or even in the backyard because they think they will grow out of control. But, trees can be useful for your garden. You need to plant smaller trees that are native to your area and keep them pruned, but do not forget the trees will add a lot of beauty and benefits to you having better homes and gardens making you feel passionate.
- Improve Air Quality – Trees help reduce air pollution, absorb carbon dioxide, and help cool places that are too hot due to trapped gases in urban areas. You can use small trees in your garden to change the climate and improve the air quality substantially.
- Reduce Rain Runoff – Small trees in your garden will help absorb rainwater so that it keeps your garden from getting too wet and flooding. The leaves collect, stop, and slow the rain down, preventing soil erosion during bad weather cycles.
- Moderate Extreme Sun – If you live in a boiling area where the sun is powerful, and there isn’t very much rain or cold weather, it can be hard to grow food in your garden. Small trees placed strategically can provide shade and adjust the climate in your garden naturally.
- Lessen Wind Impacts – Some plants are delicate, and others are much stronger. Small trees can help block the wind strategically in your garden and force the wind to go around your yard if you place the trees correctly. That will help protect delicate garden plants and fruit-bearing plants.
- Protect Against Bad Weather – Hail and hard rain can ruin your garden if it hits at the wrong time. But, small trees placed in the right areas can help lessen the impact of severe weather and help save your garden. You can use the plants you put in your garden to guide the rain where you want it to go.
- Brings in Pollinators – You need bees to fertilize your garden. Planting certain types of trees can help attract all kinds of pollinators, including bees. It’s imperative to plant native trees, though, so that you’ll bring in the right pollinators. Since beekeepers are having severe problems with colony collapse, you will be doing the earth a favor if you plant more trees that bees love.
- Hide Ugly Walls – Outside of the environmental issues, if you have fencing, walls, and other areas of your garden that aren’t attractive, planting a tree in a strategic spot will help a lot. In addition to hiding problems, they are helpful for the environment.
- The trees will Look Nice – Trees look pretty in a garden; it gives the eye something to look at no matter the season. Your garden can look attractive all year long no matter what the weather. You can keep trees a lot more pruned and smaller than you think if you pick the right ones for your area.
Using small trees in your garden will improve air quality, protect against bad weather, and even help change the climate in the garden for better growth – such as in super-sunny and hot areas that don’t have any shade.
Not only trees around your home can make your home and garden standing. Plant a flower garden with beautiful plants. The beauty of flowers in the garden helps the creative when you plant multiple different types of flowers. Almost any herb can grow in a pot allowing more space in your home and garden. Therefore, removing any limitations in choosing the right flowers for you. Flowers can and will add beauty and a pop of color to your home garden.
The flower plants looked lovely mixed and balanced together. Also, due to the small root systems of flower plants, these plants can grow in any sized container. Therefore, allow you to save space that you can plant even more or flower, and you can also extend your home garden with a vegetable garden.